::: The Great Fall :::

We are in the middle of summer; and this week, I was expecting a lot of sunshine or better said good weather, but that was not the case. It was wet, grey, cold and slippery.


Apropos slippery….here I was, in the middle of Basel, Messeplatz to be precise, a very beautiful scenario and arena for the eyes to behold. At Messeplatz you will find interesting cafés and also skyscrapers, one of these is the Basel world palace, a beautiful complex, a perfect host for the watch Trade-fair, where classical, luxury and latest watches from innovative watchmakers of our time are being hosted once in a year.
That particular spot is a busy spot with or without the Trade-fare, and that was where I had my “Great fall”.


I was so carried away with the newly renovated building around the place, and lost in the echoes of my own memory of the watch Fair-trade of last year, that I missed my step and before I realized it, I was on the floor…. and oh my butt hurt so badly. I sat down there like a stubborn child and refused to stand back up.
I was not the least bothered that it was a public place or about the hundreds of people going about their daily activities… I was more concerned about myself and how badly my day just started. I had no motivation to get up… my jeans was wet, my hands were dirty as a result of trying to support myself from falling.
Still in my perfect trance, behold a confident and strong arm pulled me up despite my resistance…I surrendered and turned to see the face, it was deep blue eyes with a feminine smile staring at me.
“The day is just getting started…you don’t intend to give up just now do you?”
“Of course not”
 I said, not really convinced of what I said, I smiled, said thank you and walked away.
Events occur in life that brings us into a state of depression, I will love to use the word “crisis” instead. Now according to Gerald Caplan, a famous psychologist from the Harvard University,

“Crisis is a brief episode of psychological unbalance which occurs when the subject is faced with a problem that cannot be solved or avoided”

We are broken down, because the occurrence of these events is actually a big obstacle to our goals in life. Nobody wants to be a failure in life, especially in the society we live in today. When we put in so much hard work into something, even if we are not the best at it, we expect a positive outcome. But in life, we all know for certain; one plus one has actually never been two.
People expect you to cope with crisis, to forge ahead; breaking down should not be part of you. Thus, the concept of the “Coping Man”.
How do people react when you are down?
Many do not know how to deal with people in pain, despite the fact that they must have once or many a times in their life witnessed such depressing moments too, some forget too soon; others prefer to distance themselves for fear of causing more harm.
But you don’t have to blame the world for your Malheur do you?
What am I trying to babble about lovely people…this is simple, it is ok to “fall” in life, and you don’t have to get back up too soon; if you are not ready.
Take time gather the necessary momentum you need and stand back up bolder and stronger.
To be continued….

It takes you to make the difference you need.

Happy weekend Lovely people.

Pic:
www.dezeen.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

:::Nobody is getting it all right!!!:::

:::“Constitution without constitutionalism" Dr. Christopher Fomunyoh:::