::: FEAR...:::



I looked up and saw the height before me.
Hot air raved all over my body sending shivers up and down my spine.
Wild goose pimples took control of me;
I could feel blood rushing out of my heart into my head.
And the signal was there, it wield not only my physical movement but also my cognitive capacity.
All I could hear were the echoes of my heartbeat which sent out warning signals.
"Come on you can’t make it, just take a seat, get yourself a cold drink and wait for the others to join you when they are done".


 
Fear...
What in God’s name was I doing here in the middle of the forest in the first place,
With tall trees hovering around me;
 With intimidating glare, in the name of “Bongee jumping”?
What do I need adrenaline kick for?
Life itself gives me the necessary adrenalin rush I need to keep my fatty glands in order.
My heart kept drumming faster and louder, my stomach, oh my God, I hated the feeling in there.
But I was ready to put my fears aside.

Helmet...check
Shoes...check
Climbing gear and safety ropes.... all in place...
But why was I still reluctant
What was actually stopping me?

Fear....
I closed my eyes and told myself
Come on you can do this.
With a deep breath, I started by climbing the tree and after completing the difficult parkour,
 I was so proud of myself.
The feeling of succeeding gave me the strength to go ahead.
But holy sh**,
I realized I rejoiced just too soon.
 There was still much more to it than I thought.
 There was no way I was going back down without completing the ultimate task.
The next step was to attach my gear to a lining and let myself go.
At that moment I realized the feeling of fear was not completely gone,
 It has been my invincible and constant companion,
 Its existence was once more acknowledged.

Fear...
What on earth did I get myself into?
I looked down and could see tinny people walking around.
My head spin.
I felt like turning back, but where to.
"Come on, what is your ultimate fear "Death"?
"We all will die one day wont we?"
But is this how I choose to die?
 What happened to my fantasy of dying in my bed when am 65?
I took one last breath and said:
„God I know, I have not really been the best I should be, but please forgive me"
I then attached my gear to the lining, closed my eyes determine to push through despite my fears....
The beautiful view was no concern of mine, and in case I died right there.
 Then so be it, there have been better people gone before me.  I thought to myself

Fear...
On the midway down I managed to open one eye and could not help noticing how beautiful the scenery was, and how insignificant other tall trees were in relation to the height I was.

Cool breeze rustled against my sweaty face, the feeling of the purest taste of freedom was a beautiful and liberating one....too bad I was already landing;
The feeling was just too short...I wished I had opened my eyes earlier... all that notwithstanding I was not too sure if I had the guts to go a second round either.

Living in the cocoon of our fears makes us really shortsighted of what life has to offer.
 We become not just shadows of our dreams but also of our own selves, buried under the shambles of our cowardice and regrets.
Fear...
We must not be the best in life to make it, but if we are bold enough, we can change and affect the world in our very own small positive way.
Start living people.
 Be the change you badly dream of.

Pic From
 www.groupon.de

Comments

  1. Beautiful...Fear is a feeling we all share. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thelma..why you like trouble so. Who send you! lol. Inspiring really. Your writing skills are really improving keep up mami.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very beautiful peace. Cowards die a thousand times before their real death but I must say here that 'caution' should be a guiding word for the courageous.
    Nice weekend.

    Jerry Muda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great write up !!!

    "...things done well and with care exempt themselves from fear..."
    W. Shakespeare.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

:::Nobody is getting it all right!!!:::

:::“Constitution without constitutionalism" Dr. Christopher Fomunyoh:::