::: Immigrants in Germany :::


BUSHFALLER – NOW I AM
The Bushfaller experience, a trap with perks,
Call me stupid, call me native, but someone should have told us sooner,
That it’s good enough to live in two seasons
And there we were, thinking four was better? 




Those Bushfallers, the darn good photos they take,
Was it the excitement of seeing them in snow,
or the misguided perception that all that glitters
is just a glow and still for show;

O Man, Bush is the place to be, and bling,
Education or not, the Euro’s got sting.
So why did Common sense forget to mention
that it’s all a matter of condition;


Remember that hustle for docs?
The cost, the process, the missteps, the sacrifice
Where is the money, dad will borrow, or this and that
Mom will sell, Uncle will try, or aunty may suffice


A day of joy, visa in hand, dang miracle, thank the Lord,
Daddy sobs, Mom is still, smell the roses, pack away
Who to tell, farewell party, hopes and dreams, I now must carry
dear Immigrant depart already, Bushfaller return with plenty


O, decade later,
what a cost, what a spin?
there are plays,
if dear alien says nay, he will dismay

Assimilation, a masquerade, o dignity where art thou?
Identity, soiled in confusion, my soul still searches on
If I return, will they see, the pain I wrestle, the void I’ve come to fill,
Resolution, live, laugh, and love, Bushfaller is who now I am.


IVO NDOUMBE MEKOLLE



 Source. http://pearlsofourlives.com/
www.fourseason.com



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

:::Nobody is getting it all right!!!:::

:::“Constitution without constitutionalism" Dr. Christopher Fomunyoh:::

::: There was the Indomitable Lions:::